As a veterinary practice we strongly believe in providing our team members with a nurturing and caring environment. We actively encourage and fully support team members professional ambitions as well by providing opportunities to develop and regular funded training.
We are looking for a positive & motivated person with previous experience in Customer Care to fill a full-time position within our fast-paced reception team at Chalfont St Giles and Beaconsfield surgeries, with some cover also being required at our Chesham surgery also.
- Full driving license required.
- Approximately 40 hours per week including weekends. Shifts will cover the hours of 7:45am – 11:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:00am – 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday.
Who are we?
The Wheelhouse Veterinary Centre is owned by Independent Vetcare and lead by our own in-house Management team. We have had the privilege of caring for small animals in the local community for over 50 years.
All our team members share the same passion to provide our clients and their pets with the best care and service possible.
We are all animal lovers and pet owners who take great pride in treating pets as if they were our own.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Ability to provide a high standard of client care skills in a fast-paced environment with customers both face to face, over the telephone or by written communication
- Proven experience of using Microsoft Office; databases; booking & telephone systems
- Ability to communicate fluently in English with clarity both orally and in writing
- A positive energy
- Multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and personal skills, and able to show empathy in sensitive situations
- A team player – reliable and has a good relationship with others
What to expect from the role?
- First and last point of contact for all clients on the phone, face to face & email
- Booking appointments for vet & nurse consultations and for day patients
- Setting up and cleaning of consulting rooms throughout the day for clinical team
- Ensuring the waiting and reception areas are kept clean and well-presented always particularly to help us maintain our Covid-19 Secure status
- Giving preventative healthcare advice e.g. our recommended flea treatments (training given)
- Promoting and being knowledgeable of our Healthcare Plan (training given)
- Receiving payments from clients, processing securely and end of shift banking procedures
- Responding to email and enquiries
Expected start date: 28/09/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,250.00-£18,250.00 per year
How to apply: Please send our Practice Manager Miss Victoria Corderoy, a covering letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To help keep our reception team and other team members safe we have implemented several measures including screens on reception desk/face masks and visors for team members/hand sanitising stations/reduced number of clients in the practice at one time